Different types of mouthwatering and delicious dishes make the Father's Day extra special for the 'big boy'. To top it all, if the fare is prepared by his children, there is nothing more a dad can wish for.
Under this section of Father's Day recipes, we would like you to bake a nice chocolate cake for your father:
Chocolate cake’s recipe for father’s day
• butter and flour for coating and dusting the cake pan
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 cups granulated sugar
• 1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon baking soda
• 1½ teaspoons baking powder
• 1½ teaspoons salt
• 4 large eggs
• 1½ cups buttermilk
• 1½ cups warm water
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. (see cooking lesson below)
3. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
4. Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
5. Divide batter among the three pans. I found that it took just over 3 cups of the batter to divide it evenly.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake meets the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean).
7. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
8. Frost with your favorite frosting and enjoy!
The better quality cocoa powder you use the better the cake will taste.