Kudzai King emerged in the fashion industry as a designer when he was just 16 years old. He then went on to launch a career in modelling.
A true “Jack-of-all-trades” in everything artistic, Kudzai has been exposed to various fields in the industry including:
- Working under the tutelage of Jackie Mgido, a Hollywood make-up artist and the founder of Vault Cosmetics, while he was pursuing make-up artistry;
- Walking and opening for Terrence Bray at the 2016 Durban Fashion Fair;
- Shooting fashion photography in Nigeria and working with renowned photographer Michele Huddy Fortmann;
- Dressing household names like Gilmore Moyo and Willis Watafi and;
- Photographing major fashion houses like Edgars and fashion events like Africa Fashion Week and Mercedes Benz Fashion week in Cape Town.
Because of his unique ability to create art behind the lens, Kudzai has won numerous awards for his groundbreaking photography, which was the first of its kind in Zimbabwe. Consequently, his talent has landed him opportunities to grow his photography and modelling career in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Recently, Kudzai has diversified (once again) into film and is currently working as a film director. He is also working on releasing a fashion line, following notable public interest in his K7 capsule bespoke collection, towards the end of the year.
Kudzai King is a visionary who will undoubtedly dominate in any industry he sets to conquer; he is definitely one to watch!